2011 Call for Abstracts
Submit your research for presentation at the NABIS Ninth Annual Conference on Brain Injury! All accepted abstracts will be published in the Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation.
Please note that the same abstract submission form is used for both scientific and non-scientific papers (i.e., educational/instructional/other). You will be prompted to enter your abstract in the following format in the text boxes provided: Introduction/Rational, Method/Approach, Results/Effects, Conclusions/Limitations. The deadline to submit an abstract is June 7, 2011.
Abstract submissions are divided into poster presentations and oral presentations. There will be two (2) $250.00 cash awards for the top scoring poster presentations and for the top scoring oral presentations. Abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of three (3) reviewers.
Abstract deadline: June 7, 2011 CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT!
Basic research, animal
Basic research, human
Clinical research, acute and sub-acute rehabilitation
Clinical research, acute care
Clinical research, post-acute care (including vocational, educational and life long care issues)
Abstract Review Process
The abstract review process consists of the following:
- The reviewers will independently evaluate each abstract on overall merit and composition. Each abstract will be scored by each judge on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being excellent.
- Up to 36 of the top scoring abstracts who request an oral presentation format will be afforded a 15 minute oral presentation during the conference proceedings. Those so selected will be asked to commit to the conference ahead of time so that we may publish their presentation time in the conference materials. This allows interested conference participants to plan their time accordingly.
- Remaining abstracts that pass peer review will be given the opportunity to present their information via poster(s) during a guided poster tour presentation within conference proceedings.
- On-site judging of both poster and oral presentations will be based on overall merit and presentation.
- The two (2) poster presentations and the one (1) oral presentation with the highest scores will be awarded the cash prizes during the conference.
OPTIONAL FULL PAPER UPLOAD
Interested professionals may upload their full paper through the abstract submission site. These papers will be peer reviewed by the NABIS scientific committee and accepted papers will be published electronically on the NABIS website. NABIS welcomes submissions on all relevant brain injury topics relating to clinical, translational, and basic science research. Please note that submitting a full paper along with your abstract will not effect the scientific committee's decision to accept or reject your abstract for presentation at the conference. Click here to make a submission through our on-line system.