30th Annual Conference on Legal Issues in Brain Injury
Held concurrently with the 12th World Congress on Brain Injury
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
March 29-April 1, 2017
The North American Brain Injury Society is pleased to announce that the 30th Annual Conference on Legal Issues in Brain Injury will be held March 29-April1, 2017 in New Orleans, at the Sheraton Hotel.
Attendees can expect the very latest information on brain injury litigation at this three-day hands-on conference considered a "must attend" event for all professionals involved in brain injury litigation. The conference features an all-star cast of top trial attorneys and medical experts who will present a broad array of practical information covering the latest literature, diagnostic testing methods, rehabilitation, case management, trial techniques and cutting-edge demonstrative evidence. Attorneys will also benefit from an overview of the medical science of brain injury from an outstanding faculty of researchers and clinicians presenting the very latest in brain injury science, treatment and testing.
As noted below, the conference will be held in concurrently with the 12th World Congress on Brain Injury that will further enhance the educational opportunities available to attendees.
Whether you are a seasoned neuro-litigator or handling your first TBI case, this comprehensive program will provide you with the tools you need to successfully handle these challenging cases from beginning to end.
Presentation Topics Include:
- Clinical Applications of Multi-Modality Neuroimaging in the Assessment of Traumatic Brain Injury Outcome
- Deposing and Cross-Examining Defense Medical and Neuropsychological Experts in Traumatic Brain Injury Cases
- Direct Examination of Experts
- Disorders of Consciousness and the Slow to Recover BI Patient
- Endocrine Dysfunction & TBI
- How to Prove a Brain Injury
- Maximizing Damages Through Proof and Summations in the TBI Case
- Pediatric Brain Injury Cases and Why Attorneys Should Know How They Differ from Adult Brain Injury
- Representing the Elderly
- Storytelling: The Corpus Callosum Effect
- The Myths of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Trauma Triggered Migraines
- Understanding the Common Neuropsychological Tests
- Unpacking the Malingering Defense
- Use of Demonstrative Evidence
- What Can We Learn From the Sports Concussion Literature?
- What is the Relationship Between Force of Crash and Severity of Injury?
SPECIAL PRESENTATION ON NEURO-IMAGING
New this year, the conference will feature a special 3.5-hour session by Dr. Erin Bigler, a pioneer in the use of cutting-edge neuroimaging to demonstrate tangible proof of TBI. Attendees will benefit from Dr. Bigler's comprehensive knowledge of the latest neuroimaging technology for detecting brain injury.This special session will aid the legal professional in completing a thorough damage assessment, will provide a "checklist" to understand your client's injury, and will aid in identifying potential future risk areas for persons with brain injury.
EXTENSIVE PRE-CONFERENCE SESSIONS
Attorneys, neuropsychologists, allied health professionals, expert witnesses and all those involved in brain injury litigation. Attendees will come away from the conference with the essential hands-on tools needed to successfully handle these challenging cases from beginning to end.
Attendees will benefit from nationally recognized legal and medical authorities on the subject of brain injury litigation. From the latest groundbreaking diagnostic and imaging technology, to effective courtroom techniques and life-care planning, this is the only conference that covers every aspect of handling the brain injury case from beginning to end.
The current list of speakers will be provided below. Additional names will be added leading up to the Conference.
As an added bonus, attorneys have the option to attend any of the four additional concurrent medical sessions of the 12th World Congress on Brain Injury where internationally recognized medical experts in brain injury will present the latest advances in the science, rehabilitation and treatment in the field. This means you get access to two conferences for the price of one! To view information on the World Congress, click here.
NABIS has applied for and expects approval of 17.25 hours with 1.0 hours ethics for a 60 minute state (20.70 hours with 1.20 hours ethics for a 50 minute state) of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit from states with mandatory requirements, including one hour of ethics. Please indicate which states you will be requesting CLE when you register for the Conference.
Actual hours based on recording systems for individual states will be available at the Conference at the registration desk. NABIS will process your MCLE credits for each state as reported in your CLE paperwork that was left at the registration desk by the last day of the conference.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Carol Blanton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registration fee for this hands-on event starts at only $620. This year you can bring a second attendee for 1/2 price! We also offer discounts for paralegals and support staff.
Mailing Payments: Checks should be payable to NABIS. Mail payments to: NABIS, PO Box 1804, Alexandria, VA 22313
The Conference will take place at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel in the vibrant city of New Orleans! The Sheraton New Orleans is right in the middle of the action, only steps away from the famous French Quarter. The hotel is also perfectly situated on the main streetcar line that will whisk you back in time to the well-preserved antebellum mansions and pristine gardens of the Garden District.
To make your reservation, please click here.
The NABIS Legal Meeting and IBIA-negotiated room rates are:
- Standard room – single/double occupancy: $249/night + taxes and fees
- Standard room – triple occupancy: $274/night + taxes and fees
- Standard room – quad occupancy: 299/night + taxes and fees
- Standard room Club Level – single/double occupancy: $299/night + taxes and fees
- Standard room Club Level – triple occupancy: $324/night + taxes and fees
- Standard room Club Level – quad occupancy: $349/night + taxes and fees
Please note that the special rate will be available until February 11, 2017. Subject to availability.
CONFERENCE PLANNING COMMITTEE
The Conference Planning Committee for this year's Legal Conference are:
- Stewart Casper, Esq.
- Simon Forgette, Esq. Co-Chair
- Kenneth Kolpan, Esq.
- Bruce Stern, Esq. Co-Chair