Dr. Herbst is an author of many publications and presentations and well as a Professor as well as a practicing Physician. He is highly regarded in the field of radiology. He is sought out as a lecturer and has many book contributions, abstracts, and Invited Lectures under his belt.
- Emory University School of Medicine and Graduate School of Arts and Sciences MD, 1985
- Emory University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences PhD, Physical Chemistry, 1984
- University of South Florida MS, Physical Organic Chemistry, 1979
- Eckerd College BS, Organic Chemistry, 1977
- Postgraduate Education Memorial Magnetic Resonance Imaging Center University Of California, Irvine William G. Bradley, Jr, MD, PHD, Director MRI Fellowship, 1990-91
- Emory University Affiliated Hospitals Chief Resident, Diagnostic Radiology, 1989-90 Resident, Diagnostic Radiology, 1986-90 Internship, Internal Medicine, 1985-86